Our Vision Products Knightdale
Contact Lenses | Scleral Contact Lenses | Eyeglass Lenses | Frames | Designer Frames | Sunglasses | Sports/Protective Eyewear
Advances in contact lens design and materials have made them a clear, comfortable option for many people requiring vision correction. Our office has extensive training and experience in fitting most popular styles of contact lenses, including:
- Rigid, gas permeable lenses
- Soft lenses - daily, 2-week, monthly and extended wear
- Toric lenses (for astigmatism)
- Fashion Color Lenses
Scleral Contact Lenses
We are excited to be fitting a new type of contact lens that helps to correct small to large amounts of astigmatism and treat corneal conditions that prevented past contact lens wear. If you've had trouble in the past with contact lenses giving you unstable vision or always rotating out of place then these may be a great option for you! Doctor Poirier will be happy to discuss your options and make sure that these lenses will be a great fit.
Scleral lenses are hard contact lenses that cover a much larger area of the eye than past contact lenses. Astigmatism in most cases is due to the irregular curvature on the cornea (front of the eye). Therefore, these lenses can cover the whole area and elminate the effects of the astigmatism. More information can be found at www.sclerallens.org.
Our office offers an array of eyeglass lenses to meet individual vision requirements. Some of the available lenses are:
- High Index Lenses that are thinner and lighter than ordinary lenses.
- Progressive Addition Lenses that correct for near, middle and distance vision without the lines of bifocal or trifocal lenses.
- Transitions ® Lenses that are clear indoors, but darken automatically when you go outdoors.
- Polycarbonate Lenses are our first choice for children because of their impact resistance and lightweight.
- Frames - Fashionable styles with plastic and titanium frames.
- Polarized Lenses that reduce glare and provide protection from harmful UV rays.
We stock a variety of frame styles for men, women, teens and children. They are available in a number of styles from fashion-forward designer frames to more traditional styles. Materials include strong and lightweight plastic and metal alloys such as titanium.
We proudly display these designers:
Sunglasses aren't just about style – they're essential in protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays. And sunglasses aren't just for adults. Studies have shown that 85% of the UV damage done to a person's eyes occurs before they are 18 years old. We can make prescription lenses for just about any sunglass frame.
Our office can prescribe specialized eyewear to protect your eyes at work or at play. Specialty frames and prescription or non-prescription lenses are available for:
- Sports including basketball, baseball/softball, soccer, football, racquet sports and hockey